Saturday, November 27, 2010

Homemade Facial Mask

I thought my days of oily, acne prone skin would leave me when I reached my 20s. I was wrong. I'm in my early 30s (eeks!) and I'm STILL battling craptastic skin issues. I've tried every product out there and they only make my skin break out more. I have been doing a lot of research on what would be best for my skin and have found a combination of things that I think will work. You'll need:

1 ripe strawberry
Strawberries contain natural salicylic acid to help remove dead cells, clean pores, and calm acne. They are high in antioxidants to help repair skin damage. And packed with vitamin C which will improve texture and help fight cancer cells.

oatmeal
Oatmeal is great for cleansing and exfoliating. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.


1 teaspoon honey
Honey has natural anti-microbial and antioxidant properties to help protect from skin damage. It's a natural moisturizer which will help keep wrinkles away. Honey absorbs impurities from the skin which will help with acne.
1 teaspoon plain yogurt
Yogurt has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which will help with acne. Also contains lactic acid which helps reduce wrinkles, soften, and hydrate skin.

1 teaspoon cornstarch

Helps absorb oil and leaves skin silky and matte.

Mash the strawberry up and then mix in the honey and yogurt. Stir in the cornstarch and then use the oatmeal to thicken it up. Slather it on (don't forget the neck and décolletage!) and take a relaxing bath or cover your pillow and relax. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and then rinse with warm water.












3 comments:

  1. Oooh I'll have to try this soon! I love the new background and I LOOOOOOOOVE your picture!! Get that up on facebook woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca Sweetie...
    Does this ever sound wonderful. I will have to gather the ingredients and give it a try. I have (8) grandchildren and the oldest 3 are always looking for something to work on acne. You have given such a gift of love today. I thank you for this.

    I will keep you posted on how it works for the grands. Wonderful tip sweet friend.

    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. Your blog is so beautiful and what a beautiful photo of yourself. The face of an angel sweetie. Thank you for sharing.

    Many country hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet comments ladies! =) I used the mask this morning and I don't know if it's coincidence or not- but I've been relatively oil-free almost the entire day now. And that NEVER happens. Plus, it's nice knowing I'm not putting more harsh chemicals on my face. Hopefully it clears up some acne now...we'll see. Hope it works for your grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete