Monday, January 24, 2011

Black Bean Hummus Burritos

I've got a yummy (and HEALTHY) recipe for you!!  I ran across two recipes the other day that made me hungry so I kinda combined them and made one yummy dish. The first one was a turkey/bean burrito over at Home Cooks Rock. This blog belongs to Jason's mom (click here to see her burritos!). The other recipe was black bean hummus potstickers over at The Athlete's Plate. (Well, actually the blog is titled: Life Of An Aspiring Triathlete, but he does this awesome segment.) Anyway, I squished the two together. Sorry I don't have any pictures of it. I don't have a camera right now; plus I ate it too quickly to have gotten a picture anyway!

Ingredients

1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
about 3 cloves of garlic (More or less, depending on your preference. I like my garlic)
about 1/2 an onion chopped (again more or less, depending on your preference)

Throw it into a food processor and slowly add extra virgin olive oil until it is the consistency you like. I prefer mine just a little on the thick side.

Spread some salsa and spinach over a whole wheat tortilla and spoon in your hummus mixture. Eat them cold or warmed up in the oven. I ate mine warm with a side of steamed broccoli. It really hit the spot!

It's a perfectly protein-packed meal too! =)

4 comments:

  1. Great recipe! I will be making this one for sure! As you know, all of the above ingredients are my favorites! Infact, yesterday, we had Chick Pea Soup. Hope you don't mind if I post this one on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chick Pea soup sounds yummy. Is the recipe on your blog? Glad you liked this one. I forgot but I think I threw in black olives too. I tend to just throw in whatever is in the frige!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like me. That's the best way to cook. Just throw in whatever and it usually is a winner! I don't think the Chick Pea Soup is on there, but it's the easiest soup ever. Nick's favorite. Oh and the more garlic the better! It's kinda like pea soup. Really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet your hummis good on lettuce leaves! This is going to be my new snack! haha

    ReplyDelete