Monday, January 31, 2011

65 Pounds Down!

I've been working my way through a GINORMOUS pile of homework (algebra II - yuck) and trying to study for two exams. I feel like I don't have enough time to get it all done before Thursday. The last thing I wanted to do today was my workout. But I ate a few  (by few I mean an entire batch!) of cookies yesterday and sooo yeah.

I slowly got dressed, pushed all the furniture to the side, thought about just sitting down (with some cookies and milk) but what the heck, I was already dressed so I may as well do something! Five minutes in and I was SOOO glad I pushed through. I could feel life coming back to my body! My brain even feels refreshed and now I'm ready to tackle the rest of my homework.

And listen to this piece of wonderful news. I found out that during my clinicals at school the females are required to wear sports bras and shorts and the men wear no shirts and shorts. Great. Just. Great. Well, if I wasn't motivated to get in the best possible shape before - I definitely am now! After my workout I was scrolling through the saved entries on our scale. So far I've lost 65 pounds! Whoo hoo!! I'm down to 135 now and I can feel my goals within reach. I have til September to lose the rest and find my abs!

Oh! I made the most delicious snack today. Take an apple, skin it, slice it up and throw it in a frying pan. Sprinkle it with cinnamon and ginger and let it warm through. Once it's nice and warm pile it on top a piece of toasted whole grain bread. OH MY. It was like apple pie. So good.
Now- back to the algebra. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment